Missions are generated in different methods. To start, the unit can only go on one mission per cycle no matter how many troops and transports they may have. This can be increased via upgrading the base. To start, there are three methods to generate a mission; from gathering information, Adeptus Arbiters, and a House mission.
• Gathering information is done via a base activity by a ganger. One of the results to gathering information is the opportunity to generate a mission for the upcoming campaign turn.
• Arbiter quests are generated providing the unit has maintained good reputation. These missions take the form of hunting down undesirables in the underhive or hunting for evidence of xenos.
• House missions can be generated once the unit has gained good reputation with the houses of the spire. These missions can pit the unit against gangs, xenos, and sometimes the arbiters.
The types of missions that are available are
• Gangland hit (vs. a gang)
• Gangland Assassination (vs. a specific individual)
• Defense of a caravan
• Defense of a settlement
• Attack on a caravan
• Attack of a settlement
• Objective raid
• Rescue of an individual/group of VIPs
• Recovery of an object